3/19/08

Earl Holliman





I am so excited to tell you I received a note and two autographed pictures from our very own "Wheat"--Earl Holliman, today! If you have read my episode notes on The Pilot, you know I am a huge fan and I think his work on Alias Smith and Jones was absolutely brilliant. I had never written a fan letter before, but I did to Mr. Holliman in February, never dreaming he would actually write back!! I had a few prints made from vidcaps he was in and sent them along, asking him if he would mind signing one and sending it back. Not only did he do that, he signed an 8x10 and wrote me a lovely note also. I am so thrilled!! What a gracious man he is to take the time to make this old lady so happy!!! Now everyone be on your best behavior, Mr. Holliman promises he will visit here soon!

"The Rainmaker"

And now I would like to share with you that I just finished watching "The Rainmaker" for which Earl Holliman won the Golden Globe for best supporting actor in 1957. What an absolute joy this movie was. I laughed through many of the scenes Earl was in...he was so lanky and funny and engaging and young; I sobbed through the scenes between Katharine Hepburn and Burt Lancaster. If you haven't seen this movie before, I recommend you rent it, or as I did, buy it. It is broad and big and theatrical...and absolutely enchanting from beginning to the very last moment. Just wonderful. A true gem.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is a wonderful poem and if anyone is reading this comment and hasn't bought Cherie's book of poetry I strongly urge you to do so, it's beautiful, each one coming from the author's heart

Anitaw